Frequently Asked Questions
We will meet face to face or online after our initial consultation and aim to do so on a weekly basis for the first 6 sessions.
The early stages of therapy, you will discuss what your worries are and usually after our second session, I will have learnt more about you, what you are struggling with, and what you would like assistance with. We will have obtained a shared understanding of your concerns and we will discuss a therapy plan and if you wish to proceed.
Therapy is a collaborative process, which is a joint working relationship between us both. It’s important you are happy with your therapist and the type of therapy being delivered. If however, you are not, then we will do our utmost to find suitable alternatives if we are unable to supply you with the most suited service for your needs.
Palmers Counselling would make every effort to address this with you before breaching confidentially, in the hope that we might devise a strategy together.
Be assured that we will work together and you will be gently led through the process. You are in capable and safe hands.
Ways of knowing if it is working, could be you starting to feel happier in yourself and about life. Learning and understanding about our feelings, thoughts and behaviours can bring clarity and a light bulb moment of what may have been puzzling you for so long.
Each person has their own unique story and experiences. Therefore, each of us will gain our own individual outcome from the therapy sessions and timeline.
- Counselling sessions are £60 for 50 minutes for a single session
- Package bookings are available at a reduced price of £55 per 50 minute sessions
- Online sessions are £30 for 30 minutes
- 48 hours notice is required for cancellation, otherwise the full fee will still be expected.
- Payment details will be given in your reply email.
- Professional Level 4 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice (Prof.Dip.PsyC)
- Advanced Diploma Psychotherapeutic Counselling (AdDip.Pc)
- AIM Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory
- AIM Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma Level 3 in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- Certificate Level 2 in Understanding Children & Young People’s Mental Health
- ISPC Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Cruse Bereavement Care Children & Young People
- Certificate in Cruse Bereavement by suicide
- Certificate in Anxiety, Depression & Young People
- Certificates in Working with Young people and helping make sense of their parents, teachers & authority, their feelings – self-harm & disordered eating.
- Bsc (Hons) Publishing – Brookes University
• Please give 48 hours notice of cancellation
• No shows to the appointment will be charged the full fee
• 50% bookings are made in advance and are non-refundable.
• Payment by cash or bank transfer